The ONYX RCR is an electric motorbike designed and manufactured by ONYX Motorbikes, a California-based company that specializes in designing and producing retro-inspired electric bikes. The RCR is the fastest ebike we have reviewed on the channel with speeds up to 55+ mph. However, is the ONYX RCR more electric motorcycle than ebike with its smooth, incredible power and lack of pedal assist?
In this review, we will tell you what we love and hate about the ONYX RCR and whether we think it’s an ebike.
What I love about the ONYX RCR?
- Comes in a street and dirt kit style
- Speeds of 55+mph
- Motorcycle-grade hydraulic brakes in front
- Full suspension
- Key fob
- Smart BMS with app connectivity
- Smooth acceleration
- 10 amp charger
- Massive 72V 42Ah battery
- Rides smooth at high speeds
- Made in the USA
- Great customer service
What I hate about the ONYX RCR?
- Pedals are worthless
- Plastic fender on the RCR Dirt Kit
- Bottom-end torque is weak
- No keyed ignition or steering lock
- Lock for battery is not strong
- Hybrid hydraulic brakes in the rear
- Suspension is not adjustable
- Suspension needs to be upgraded
- Poor turning radius
- Narrow handlebars
How do you unlock sport mode on the ONYX RCR?
Use our Freshly Charged E-bike Comparison Tool to evaluate this E-bike alongside more than 450 other E-bikes. Compare and organize bikes by factors such as price, pedal-assisted speed, battery size, weight, tire size, and more!