The Begode T4 electric unicycle is the first ever suspension EUC in the 16″ mid sized class that improves upon the lessons learned from Begode’s Master EUCs.
Who will love the Begode T4?
Finally! A reasonably sized suspension EUC with good power and very good suspension.
If the larger, heavier, and more expensive “beast class” electric unicycles seem like too much wheel but you want to get a good modern suspension EUC with good power, then the Begode T4 should be at the top of your list.
The Begode T4 is great for commuting and for fun. It won’t win any high speed races and it is not meant for marathon rides but the T4 is great for what it was made for: riders who want that suspension EUC experience in a smaller, less intimidating package.
Click here for availability and pricing of the Begode T4.
What I love about the Begode T4
- Good stock suspension with 100 mm of travel that doesn’t bottom out.
- Suspension is easy to adjust on the go.
- CST C-1773 street tire is perfect for this device.
- Simple straightforward design making repairs easier than other EUCs.
- Design and pads give an iconic aesthetic that looks aggressive and futuristic.
- 16″ wheel that weighs around 68 lbs, it is not a light EUC, but it weighs less than many of the big new wheels coming out.
- Smooth quiet hollow bore motor feels great.
- Rear tail lights are more durable and more protected than in the Master.
- Comfortable seat.
What I hate about the Begode T4
- Short trolley handle.
- *No stand which seems like an oversight for such a portable EUC.
- Apparently a kickstand will be included and for early adopters who did not get a stand, see the image below for more.
- Pedal spikes are more like flat bumps and do not provide much traction when wet.
- Headlight is not very bright.
- Headlight pivots only slightly
- Padding is fragile and rips easily.
New updates to the T4
New products are constantly evolving. Here is an update from the Facebook Begode page for some changes to look forward to.
The new Begode T4 is a lot of fun and in its first iteration, the T4 feels more refined and polished than the first batch of the Begode Master.
However, all new EUCs go through growing pains as early adopters are testers for the company to find issues that eventually get ironed out with subsequent batches.
I am a big fan of the Begode T4, and once they work out all the wrinkles, I think this 16 inch suspension EUC is going to be a lot of fun.
Where to buy:
eevee’s: https://eevees.com/products/begode-tesla-t4?ref=JimmyChangUse coupon code: JIMMYCHANG for a free item with your purchase
EUC Comparison Tool
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the EUC options, so we made an interactive EUC Comparison Tool. You can sort, filter, and include or exclude data as you see fit. I hope you find this tool helpful!